Friday, October 3, 2014

Learning with Joe Bob

Today was my first full day of actual French lessons since being in France. I was required to go from 9am to 12 and then back at 1:30pm to 4:30pm. I was excited because they placed us in a high school in a room far away from any other class activity making it feel like we were some important secret experiment. There was about 12-15 of us in the class and all were mixed from different countries with different stories of how we ended up here. We, meaning myself and two others, were then separated from the rest of the class and put in the front corner of the classroom to work on something completely different from everyone else. I was told that we were far more advanced than the rest and we would work quietly together and just ask questions when needed. I indeed felt special but then somewhat cheated when I received my exercises for the day and didn't understand what the hell was going on. After some collaboration with my special little task force we were able to sort it out.

Pretty much how I felt


I certainly spoke the best out of the others in the group but the one Japanese girl certainly understood the written part of language far better than myself and the other woman. The three of us after lunch grew to five in total after some late comers decided to show up for the afternoon thralls. I realized how cool it was that each one of us were from different parts of the world all gathered in a little room with the same exact problem; we need to learn French. With this problem I am certain that we will be a strong little group of bees.

Towards the end of the day, about an hour until class let out, we moved into another room to work on some exercises on the computer and I discovered a lovely and terribly funny contribution from the University of Texas for one of our French lessons. Follow the link and listen in French about how Joe Bob feels about shaving. I really appreciated this knowing that every French person probably wishes I spoke like that.

Find the funniness in Joe Bob

Au bientôt du monde!
Cameron

No comments:

Post a Comment